Take a look at our list of Lethbridge Brand New Single Family Homes.
Please note that though we try to have all the brand new houses currently for sale, Most builders don’t list all of their properties on our Lethbridge and District Association of REALTORS® MLS site. If you’re interested in a brand new home, your best bet is to contact your favourite REALTOR®. They’ll be able to narrow the builders based on Location desired, price point, style of house, etc. They’ll also be able to help navigate you through the different builders, their strengths and weaknesses, then help generate a game plan of which ones to start talking to.
Though it’s true that you can buy from a builder direct from their “in house” sales people. It’s important to consider using a REALTOR® to help you through the process. Your REALTOR® will be on your side throughout the process, advocating and advising not only on the final price, but the price of the inclusions, favourable terms of the contract, and communicating on your behalf, thus saving you time and money. As REALTORS ® we are LEGALLY BOUND to have you and only your best interests in mind.
There are many advantages to buying a new Lethbridge home:
- Brand new, never been lived in before
- Everything works (or should be working)
- Most new homes will have a 5 year or a 10 year warranty attached to them
- You can live in the trendy new area of town
Some disadvantages to buying a new home
- The basement is not likely to be finished (you may consider this an advantage if you want to do the basement yourself)
- Landscaping likely not done
- Fencing likely not done
- If you are in a new area, you could be living in a construction zone for the next few years (lots of bins, trucks, dust blowing around, and may not be bus service). There is usually less room for negotiation in a list price and a sale price when you are buying from a builder. Even if you are not interested in a new home, you may want to take a look at a few as it is a good way to establish value and see what prices homes are selling for.
Areas where there are new homes being built in Lethbridge include:
- Copperwood (from multifamily condos to high-end)
- Sunridge (from multifamily condos to high-end)
- Riverstone approx 300,000 plus
- Canyon Crest approx 300,000 plus
- Garry Station (hardie siding is code)
- Country Meadows
- The Crossings
- Sandstone (high-end homes, usually around $1,000,000 plus)
- Coulee Creek (high-end homes)
- Sixmile (high-end homes)
- South Brook (mix of multi-family and residential attached and detached)
- Blackwolf (multifamily to high-end). All the builds are AVONLEA
- Legacy Ridge (multifamily to high-end)
If you are thinking of buying a brand new home, you need to talk to Lethbridge Buyer’s Agent Joel Cote.
“With years of experience working for a major builder, I now bring my extensive knowledge of the “new home” buying process to the Real Estate side of the table. Having the background that I do in the new home industry puts me in a very unique position compared to most realtors. As a rep, I needed to know my competition inside and out, how they built, the quality of finishes, the quality of workmanship, their sales tactics, their warranty, etc. This information helps me now because instead of hearing these things through the grapevine, I know them first hand.
Working for a builder as an in-house sales rep and working now as a licensed real estate agent are two different beasts entirely. As an in-house rep I knew who signed my pay check, as a licensed Agent I’m legally bound to have my clients best interest in mind thus eliminating that conflict of interest.
With all of my knowledge that I bring with me, I can still help you navigate the new home buying process, but I can do it objectively. I can make sure you’re getting the right house for you, regardless of the builder. But more importantly, I can help save you money in the process.”
Call Joel at 403-360-3447 or email him at email@example.com
Want to buy new, but maybe look at a spec home. Take a look at our list of Lethbridge Brand New Single Family Homes.