Normally when you list a house, you want the benefit of the MLS, where it is accessible to all agents, and people searching across Canada. However, there may be some instances where an exclusive listing would be better temporarily.
- You have a few things that you would like to fix up.
- You would like to have the buyers screened more carefully for showings, in order to keep the showings to those ready to buy.
- You want more flexibility for your possession date.
- Gives you the opportunity to put up a sign outside your house to drum up interest, (or conversely, you do not want it broadcast, and don’t want a sign).
- You have a rental property with great tenants, and you don’t want to scare them with a sign.